Monday, December 23, 2013

Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation

Hey Friends!  Hope you’re all doing well.  Today, we’re talking foundation, specifically Becca!  I was introduced to Becca Cosmetics through social media.  I’m always on the hunt for products that cater to women of color.  Many makeup brands don’t account for the varying skin undertones.  The undertones in your skin a very important when color matching.  Many brands are either too pink or too yellow – basically too generic.  But Becca was different.

20131206_170438
(Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation – Bamboo)

The great thing about Becca Cosmetics is their focus on natural looking skin.  Which means they hone in on the undertones in a woman’s skin to help you achieve the best color match.  You can read more about their approach here on their website.  After reading that, I googled various reviews and I was sold.   My only challenge was locating their product.  The only place to order was online; there was not a physical location in my area that carried them!  So imagine my happiness when Sephora starting carrying the products.  I wasted no time in driving to my local Sephora to check them out.  But again I was dismayed.  My local Sephora did not carry them!!!  You could only order online - which I eventually did.  After a bit a research using the description of the foundations on their website and searching Youtube, I decided on a color.  I placed my order for a few products (more to come on those). 



I chose the Skin Satin Finish foundation in Bamboo for my color in winter; I think I may need Cafe when my summer tan comes back.  Now, my skin is naturally oily, but I waned to try the satin finish.  Although I don’t like my skin to be oily, I still want it to look like skin; so  I went with that option.  It's a nice formula; not to running, but not overly thick.  Which makes it's a dream to blend.

20131206_170536

I LOVE this foundation.  I have been wearing this practically everyday since I received it.  I blends so effortlessly and you can still see skin.  I would call this a light coverage, but you can certainly build to a good medium coverage.  I tried many ways of applying this foundation. I normally use my Sigma F80 brush for foundation, however, it was too “heavy duty” – basically blending it all away.  I then used my fingers and got a very smooth application.  Also the Real Techniques buffing brush worked well.  I simply love it. 

20131206_170618
(Swatch blended out – look at the Satin finish! LOVE)

Here is a shot of me wearing the foundation. Love, love love!

20131203_072026

I’m excited to try more products from Becca Cosmetics (I have more I’m testing out WOOT).  I can say confidentially , this is hands down one of my favorite foundations.  Have you tried any products from Becca?  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I love this. I just need to find my perfect shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll definitely be able to do that with the range from Becca!

      Delete